Sunday, February 20, 2011

Barbados' Sea Glass Rings!

* Barbados' Sea Glass Rings! *


After stocking up on supplies during my shopping spree at Metalliferous in the fabulous New York City, I finally got around to my sea glass from Barbados.


(check out my blog "New York City - A Road Trip!" @ http://treasuretrunkdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-york-city-road-trip.html )


This project was a lot of fun but it was also soooo frustrating!  My first attempts at creating bezels and rings, and I choose awkward, irregular shapes and heights... What was I thinking?!? 


Dave, from Metalliferous, tried to persuade me to take a step back.  He said, and I quote, "Don't you understand?  It's like you're going into the Amazon!" Ha!  This guy was awesome, helpful and hilarious!


Anyway, so here are my first attempts at making rings.  I hope you like them!


Tara, Treasure Trunk Designs











Below you will find some pieces that I've picked out for future rings. 
What do you think?











2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE!!! Ok, now you have my favourite combo of items ... anything from the sea and silver! I love the colours, the size and shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I have my first comment! :D
    Thanks Jill, I'm thinking about moving them into my old scuba dive community lol...
    More to come - but this time big triangular sea glass pendants!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts by commenting!