Friday, May 6, 2011

Dumela Maa! Botswana Agate & Sterling Silver Pendant

Dumela Maa!
Botswana Agate & Sterling Silver Pendant



"Dumela Maa" means "Hello" in Setswana, the language of Botswana.
I bought this Botswana Agate cabochon because it reminded me of the time I spent volunteering with a children's HIV initiative in Botswana and all of the wonderful people I met there. 
I set the agate in a scalloped bezel surrounded by heaps of sterling silver and swirls which accent the cabochon.  The pendant hangs from a front closing sterling silver chain and toggle. 
Keep an eye out for my next post about my adventures in Botswana!

2 comments:

  1. That silver pendant is stunning. It has a gorgeous and attractive design. That will perfectly fit to my new silver necklace. I wish I can have it.

    zoo jewellery silver pendants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Aldrin James! This is one of my favourites too. I lived in Botswana for a little while working with a children's HIV initiative, so working with the Botswana agate well... it just holds a lot of meaning for me! This one is for sale by the way, if you are interested, feel free to send me an email at: info@treasuretrunkdesigns.com
    Have a great day!
    Tara, Treasure Trunk Designs

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts by commenting!